Am I eligible to apply?
Potential applicants are urged to review the entire list of requirements and position requirements prior to applying.
- Be at least 20 years of age at the date of application.
- Possess a valid passport which has a minimum of 12 months of validity remaining.
- Be able to present a criminal record check if so requested.
- Possess a smartphone capable of operating in foreign countries.
- Carry personal medical insurance.
- Have a flexible student / work schedule and be able to accept last minute assignments.
- Have an official transcript that confirms university enrolment or official record of current employment.
- Be able to provide references upon request.
- Possess a valid, recognizable internationally accepted debit/credit card usable for online payments and cash withdrawals. (The expenses made during the consignment will be reimbursed, but it is important that OBC’s are able to manage in case of emergency while they are on the job)
How safe is it for the OBC's to travel with a package?
Wings on Board has created a number of protocols to anticipate potential travel problems and solutions to mitigate any complications.
- Real-time communication between OBC’s and our operations team for updates on status changes and potential situations.
- Our Operations team will assist the courier 24/7 during the assignment.
Moreover Wings on Board only works with companies and organizations and not with individuals, thus ensuring the legality and the guarantee of the goods being carried by an OBC to be safe and legal.
While every effort is made to ensure the safety and well being of each OBC, at times accidents happen. With this in mind, our couriers are insured against medical and physical accidents from the moment they accept their assignment through to the return to their point of origin.
Most importantly, Wings on Board will not send any couriers in areas of imminent danger or to any regions deemed unsafe by international standards, to nations under sanctions or embargoes or areas of medical uncertainty.
Which costs will be covered by Wings on Board when I am on an assignment?
As a standard the following costs are included within the trip for each courier:
- The tickets / transportation during the flight.
- If a flight / delivery includes an overnight stay, Wings on Board will pay one overnight stay in a hotel which is pre-booked for a courier.
- In case an angel needs to take a taxi, Uber or any other means of public transportation to deliver a shipment on time or on location, these costs will be reimbursed.
- Minimum of € 150 (one hundred and fifty euros) per consignment. The bonus is calculated considering your country of destination, total time required to complete the mission, passport, frequent travel flyer status and your experience as OBC.
- A fix amount for communication purposes while abroad: roaming costs, phone calls and SMS.
All flight tickets and hotels are booked for by Wings on Board. However, in some cases deliveries may not be on time or flights have to be changed on the spot. Costs for new bookings (hotel or flight) must first be communicated with our Global Logistics Operation Team. The team will try to make new payments and bookings for couriers but in case this is not possible and after approval by Wings on Board, work-related additional costs will be paid back in full (provided all the payment related documents are submitted).
Which costs will I have to pay personally while on an assignment?
Costs / expenditures which are not included in the courier’s payment:
- Any additional nights a courier chooses to book in the hotel for personal reason.
- Expenses of personal trips made by a courier at the destination fall under personal expenditures.
- Missed flights in case of personal negligence are at the courier’s own risk and costs
- The roaming costs for personal usage are not covered by Wings on Board.
- Personal luggage. Only cabin size luggage is allowed.
How do I apply for reimbursement/financial compensation?
In order to receive reimbursement/financial compensation or any other refunds for additional expenditures, couriers are required to share the following details with Wings on Board:
- Make sure that you have CORRECTLY filled all your bank related information asked, either on the mobile app or the special web page.
- Please note that without valid receipts / proof of payment, Wings on Board is unable to reimburse couriers properly.
- The Wings on Board Team will send you the link for reimbursement right after your assignment has finished.
- All financial statements should be submitted on the reimbursement link within 14 days of the flight. After this term the timeframe to make declarations has expired.
Do I need to sign a contract with Wings on Board to be an OBC?
- Our couriers will have to accept and agree to the Onboard Courier Agreement and Conditions in the MyWings Courier app, each time before accepting a mission/assignment.
- OBC’s will not be on the payroll of Wings on Board but are hired specific to a particular mission/assignment.
- There is no guaranteed of a fixed number of flights/consignments/missions per day/week/month/year.
What are the things to pack/make sure of having before traveling for an assignment?
- A credit/debit card in case of unforeseen costs or emergencies. Also carry basic amount of cash either in Euros or US Dollars.
- Necessary charging cables and adapters (check the plug, socket & voltage requirement of the country that you are traveling to, to charge mobile/laptop.
- Necessary clothing and weather protection gear keeping in mind the temperature and climate of the country that you are traveling to.
- Print out or scan copy on email/cloud of all your necessary & important travel documents.
- Necessary medication depending on your requirements and health status.
- Comfortable pair of shoes (no high-heels, flip-flops etc.). Traveling and especially logistics does require for an individuals to always be on the run.
How do I receive mission alerts?
If there is a new shipment available out of your area, our Operations team will contact you via whatsapp on your mobile phone.
How do I keep the communication during the mission with the Wings on Board Operations team?
Roaming capabilities on your mobile phone are required. If you have been assigned to a mission, our Operations team will contact you in order to start preparing for the trip. You will be in contact with us 24/7.
When can I return from my assignment?
Most of couriers return after 12 or 24 hours. If you have an international flight we recommend you to stay at least 24 hours in the destination in order to rest. Same day or direct returns are not possible sometimes, so please check before accepting the mission in case you have a very limited availability.